Use of Cooperative Approaches to Trigger Transformative Development
11 November, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM (CET)
This side event will explore how cooperative approaches can support countries to enhance their NDC and strengthen transformative developments. Two new German projects will be presented. Firstly, the new capacity building project for countries, which have an interest in developing a strategy to use the international carbon market mechanism to increase ambition of the NDC over time. Secondly, the R&D project to classify the transformative potential of activities in order to optimize the design and use of Article 6.
- Thomas Forth, Senior Advisor - Federal Ministry of the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Malin Ahlberg, Deputy Head Division “European Climate and Energy Policy, New Market Mechanisms”- Federal Ministry of the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Anne Götzinger, Advisor - German Environment Agency (UBA)
- Karen Olsen, Senior Researcher - UNEP DTU Partnership
- Axel Michaelowa, Senior Founding Partner - Perspectives Climate Group.
Presentations available here: Use of Cooperative Approaches to Trigger Transformative Development