Resilient Recovery through Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform
12 November, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM (CET)
It is critical to align climate ambitions with socioeconomic priorities. Unlocking revenues dedicated to fossil fuel subsidies can stimulate Paris Agreement-consistent COVID-19 recovery. This session highlights the role that energy price reform plays to increase ambition on climate change, as well as build back better from the current pandemic.
- Philip Gass, IISD
- Welcoming Remarks: Ambassador Stefan Estermann, Head of the Sectoral Foreign Policies Division, State Secretariat, Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Switzerland
- Anna Geddes, IISD
- Angela Picciariello, Overseas Development Institute
- Ville Rimali, Director, Growth & Development, Wartsila
- Welcoming Remarks and comments on the mission of the Friends of Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform and national efforts on climate change
- Progress on commitments to reform subsidies - Presentation G20 Scorecard on Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform
- A breakdown on green and brown pandemic recovery finance – The Energy Policy Tracker initiative
- Business perspectives on the potential for fiscal reform to spur green investment
- Q & A
Recording available here: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/cFzyyqGGQuFEdwFgE8hhj0apiSg_M021bqZxRT...