Scaling Carbon Pricing Instruments in Developing Countries
11 November, 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM (CET)
For nearly a decade, the World Bank’s Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR) has supported emerging markets and developing countries to design and deploy carbon pricing and market instruments (ETS, carbon tax, crediting mechanisms) to facilitate cost-effective mitigation action. As PMR comes to a close this year and the World Bank gears up to launch a new 10-year successor program, the Partnership for Market Implementation (PMI), this panel invites countries to reflect on the role carbon pricing can and has played as part of a broader decarbonization agenda.
- Welcome: Venkata Putti, Program Manager - World Bank
- Opening Remarks: Sneha Lala, Program Manager - UK BEIS
- Olga Yukhymchuk, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources - Ukraine
- Afef Jaafar, Agence Nationale pour la Maitrise de l'Energie - Tunisia
- Felipe De Leon, Ministry of Environment and Energy - Costa Rica